Assistance with Export Control License Application

The Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act requires exporters and/or residents of Japan to obtain license when they export listed goods and/ or when they transfer listed technologies to non-residents.  The license should be applied to the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI).


Applicants should check two controls; list controls and catch-all controls.   When the technology is subject to these two controls, exporters must apply two licenses in different procedures. 


When exporting to certain countries or regions, all items except listed items, foods and timbers are subject to catch-all control if the item is applicable to development, design, manufacture and storage of weapons of mass destruction and/or missiles.  To prevent these items widespread in certain countries, information on the destination and the reciever is needed for the license application.


Finetech Offices of Law gives you the best advice on this area and applys license on behalf of you.


You will never struggle for Japanese export compliance if you leave the license application to us.